Train to Busan: The Zombie Movie That Made Me Cry
I thought Train to Busan would be just another zombie movie.
I had already seen many zombie films before, so I expected the usual things: fear, chaos, people running, and a lot of tension.
But this movie was different.
By the time it ended, I had cried far more than I expected.
And what stayed with me was not the zombies.
It was the people.
It was the father and daughter.
It was the fear of losing someone you love.
It was the kind of emotion I never expected from a zombie movie.
More Than Horror
Train to Busan is often introduced as a Korean zombie film, and that description is correct.
But it is also incomplete.
Yes, there are fast-moving zombies, terrifying scenes and intense action inside a train heading toward Busan.
But underneath all of that, the movie is really about family, sacrifice, fear, selfishness and the choices people make when everything suddenly falls apart.
That is what surprised me most.
I have watched many zombie movies, but I cannot remember another one that made me feel this emotional.
This movie made me tense.
It made me sad.
And in several moments, it made me cry.
The Father and Daughter Story Hit Me Hard
At the center of the movie is Seok-woo, played by Gong Yoo, and his young daughter Su-an, played by Kim Su-an.
Their relationship is the emotional heart of the story.
Seok-woo is not introduced as the perfect father. He is busy, distant and often focused on work.
But the way his daughter looks at him, loves him and still wants to be with him makes their relationship feel very real.
For fathers, some of these scenes may be especially difficult to watch without feeling something.
There were moments when I found myself thinking about the time when my own daughter was small.
That innocent way a little girl trusts her father.
The way she wants his attention.
The way a father may not always realize how precious those moments are until they have already passed.
That feeling stayed with me long after the movie ended.
Gong Yoo and Kim Su-an Were Incredible
Gong Yoo’s acting is one of the biggest reasons the emotional parts of the movie work so well.
He does not need to overact.
You can see fear, regret, love and responsibility on his face as the story develops.
But the performance that surprised me even more was Kim Su-an.
She was still very young when Train to Busan was made, but her acting feels incredibly natural.
She does not feel like a child actor simply trying to look sad or scared.
Her emotions feel real.
That makes the relationship between father and daughter much more powerful.
For me, some of the strongest scenes in the movie work because of her performance.
A Zombie Movie With Real Human Emotion
There are many good zombie movies.
Some are scarier.
Some have bigger action scenes.
Some have more shocking special effects.
But Train to Busan has something that many of them do not.
Heart.
The movie constantly shows different kinds of people under pressure.
Some protect others.
Some think only about themselves.
Some become brave.
Some become cruel.
And because the story happens in such a confined space, every decision feels more intense.
The zombies create the danger, but the human behavior is what makes the movie memorable.
Official 10th Anniversary Trailer
I Strongly Recommend It, Even If You Do Not Like Zombie Movies
If you have never seen Train to Busan, I strongly recommend giving it a chance.
Do not avoid it just because you do not normally watch zombie movies.
Of course, there is violence, fear and plenty of zombie action.
But that is not the reason I remember this film.
I remember the father.
I remember the daughter.
I remember the moments of sacrifice.
And I remember how unexpectedly emotional I became while watching it.
You may start Train to Busan expecting a horror movie.
You may finish it thinking about your family.
For me, that is what made this movie special.
It was not simply one of the best zombie movies I have seen.
It was one of the few zombie movies that truly moved me.
Where Can You Watch Train to Busan?
Availability varies by country. Train to Busan may be available through services such as Apple TV or Google Play Movies, depending on where you live. It is not currently available on Netflix or Disney+ in some regions, including the United States. Because streaming rights change over time, check the services available in your country before watching.
Comments
Post a Comment